At Equita Financial Network, we’re constantly sharing resources, advice, inspiration, and support so we can run our firms better and succeed. So when we told our member firms that we wanted to write a blog post about the best reads and listens on finance, business, leadership, and creativity, they jumped on board and sent us their recommendations.
If you’re looking for your next weekend read or podcast for your daily commute, look no further than the tried-and-true list below, approved and curated by our Equita Financial Network community. Happy reading/listening!
- Eye On The Market —J.P. Morgan, hosted by Michael Cembalest
- Odd Lots — Bloomberg, hosted by Joe Weisenthal and Tracy Alloway
- Masters in Business — Bloomberg, hosted by Barry Ritholtz
- Planet Money — NPR, hosted by Amanda Aronczyk, Mary Childs, Karen Duffin, Jacob Goldstein, Sarah Gonzalez, and Kenny Malone
- Secrets of Wealthy Women —The Wall Street Journal, hosted by Veronica Dagher
- Worth It: Your Life, Your Money, Your Terms by Amanda Steinberg
- The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance — What Women Should Know by Katty Kay and Claire Shipman
- Women Don’t Ask: Negotiation and the Gender Divide by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Women’s Worth: Finding Your Financial Confidence by Eleanor Blayney
- Through the Labyrinth: The Truth About How Women Become Leaders (Center for Public Leadership) by Alice Eagly and Linda Carli
- Casey Brown: Know your worth, and then ask for it
- Susan Colantuono: The career advice you probably didn’t get
Do you have any favorite podcasts, books, websites, or other resources that didn’t make this list? Let us know! We love receiving recommendations from our community.